JPB Engineering Systems Services
We provide innovative and flexible approaches to design, analysis and production of documents supporting the development of projects ranging from single-family homes to government projects and high-rise commercial buildings. Our staff versatility and depth of experience allow us to form creative concepts that can enhance project cost effectiveness. More than one approach to an engineering solution is always considered. Our standards demand intense and detailed consideration of critical project requirements. Our goal is to meet or exceed your expectations. Communication, cost-consciousness and loyalty to our clients are essential hallmarks of our services, which include:
- Structural Design and Analysis
- Structural calculations for residential, commercial, and government projects.
- Analysis of existing structural systems from railings to windows.
- Structural Documents
- Full CAD quality structural plans or limited drafting to meet the client needs and budget
- Forensic Engineering and Inspection Services
- Forensic engineering of existing structures
- Special inspection services for new construction
- Structural stability and safety evaluations for residential and commercial buildings
We are the only firm in Hawaii that provides extensive structural engineering and geotechnical services in a single location. This unique pairing allows immediate collaboration and communication between our respective professional staffs and expedited project turn-around times. Our laboratory is fully equipped to perform all of the standard tests to determine the physical properties of soil and rock. In addition to exploration with larger drilling rigs, we also operate our own portable equipment, which can be set up to drill test borings at sites where accessibility is limited. Our analytical capabilities include advanced, computer-assisted subsurface modeling and interpretation programs. Our geotechnical engineering services include:
- Geotechnical Investigations
- Subsurface soil and geologic studies designed to gather information on the earth materials and ground water characteristics. Preparation of formal reports containing recommendations for project design and construction of new residential and commercial projects.
- Geoanalytical Investigations
- Subsurface soil and geologic studies targeting the causes of distress due to earth movements affecting residential and commercial buildings. Preparation of formal reports containing recommendations for remedial work and permanent stabilization.
- Geotechnical Consulting Services
- Plan and specification reviews, foundation inspections, earthwork monitoring and testing.
We understand how important it is to our clients for their living or work space to be safe, protected and accommodating. With this in mind we strive to provide design solutions that can endure the location’s microclimate, is easy to maintain and is aesthetically pleasing.
We specialize in repair and renovation projects for commercial, industrial and hospitality projects. Our detailed approach intends to make certain the design package encompasses the client’s needs, and the end result will perform as expected.
In conjunction with rejuvenating the building envelope, JPB can also provide waterproofing consultation services to architects and owners as a quality assurance measure for new projects. If desired, we can provide waterproofing drawings for permit and construction to supplement the architectural drawing set. When the project moves into construction JPB will provide site visits to check that the work is in conformance with the design intent, local codes and the manufacturer’s requirements for warranty.
A list of our Architectural Services is as follows:
- Waterproofing Consultation
- Investigation and Survey Roofing and Waterproofing for Building Envelope
- Building Envelope Condition Assessment Reporting
- Schematic and Design Development Phase Reviews and Recommendations
- Construction Documents for Permit and Bid in CAD
- Construction Monitoring and Reporting
- Peer Review
- Waterproofing Consultation
- Building Survey and Investigation
- Schematic and Design Development Services
- Construction Documentation for Permit and Bid in CAD
- Construction Administration Services
We are committed to leading the project team by providing owners with added values to their projects. This is accomplished by focusing on direct participation with the owner, architect and general contractor from concept through construction. Our construction management services include:
- General Contractor Selection
- Outreach, prequalification, selection process, and contract review.
- Trade package instructions to bidders, bid schedule review, subcontractor prequalification and bid negotiations
- Construction Management
- Project controls, project budget, change orders, claims avoidance.
- Document Control
- RFI/Submittal process, schedule analysis, quality control, ongoing punch list management, closeout.
- Team Management
- Design and construction team, and special inspections management.